Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Chernobyl Duck


I have two neices (yes, this is important, and also has a lot to do with knitting). One, Brianna, will be 2 this October. Her older sister, Domonique, will be 7 this November. The day before my 23rd birthday to be exact. I knit them a lot of stuff. At first, I would knit Mo stuff becasue she was a baby and couldn't care less how it looked, so there was always someone who would like the worst project, which was a good thing in the beginning of my knitting carreer. Then as she got older, she actually liked the stuff. Probobly becasue it was from me, but she liked it! When Bri was born, she would get stuff too, becasue you can't give something to one sister and ignore the other. Which brings me to the Duck. I got the Knitted Toys book after looking at it at the Stitch 'N Bitch one nite, and I made the duck out of it. The pattern wasn't really written very clear, and I didn't have duckly colors so I used purple and green and seaming isn't my friend. What turned out is something that looks like it was hatched at Chernobyl, or maybe Bakini Atoll, and then hit by a large semi. Poor thing. But Nikkie and the girls were visiting from PA, so I took it anyway. I walked in the door and Bri grabbs it out of my hand. Nikkie turned to me and said, "well, I hope you weren't really attached to that, because I don't think you are getting it back." She carried it around all nite. I have some great pics of her dancing with it. So, that's the Chernobyl Duck. Remember this story, it will come into play later...

Now, if I figure out the picture thingy correctly, you should have one of the CD!

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM MST, Blogger Teri S. said...

I love the Chernobyl duck! What a great story! And a great description! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 2:38 PM MST, Blogger Teri S. said...

I love the Chernobyl duck! What a great story! And a great description! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home