Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, July 22, 2005

How much do I love my neices?

I knit Mo a shawl(see previous post) and she loved it. Not just "wow, that's a cool shawl" but "it's a 107 degrees out and I am going to wear it." Literaly. They were visiting and I was bringing her down to Tucson for the weekend so she could see everyone else and we all walk out to the car, and I gave her the shawl. Now, this was in Phoenix, which had been under a heat advisory all day. It was 8 or 9 at nite, and still 100+ out. And she said "wow, a shawl! Thank you, I've always wanted a shawl!!" Then she turned to her mother and asked "what's a shawl?" We told her and she said "Oh, good. Because I'm cold and now I can wear it and not be cold." Then she proceded to put it on and didn't take it off all nite. (You see why I like giving stuff to these girls). Well, I got a call the other day telling me that Bri has taken to stealing Mo's shawl. Now, Mo is a great big sister, and being such, she let's her sister fall asleep with the shawl then sneaks in at nite and takes it back. But the threat of physical violence is imminent, so it was requested that I amke another one for Bri, and maybe she will leave Mo's alone. Of course, she could also be in the phase where everything needs to belong to her anyway. We'll find out. Anyway, I am making Bri a sky blue shawl, a little smaller than her sisters. But, being 2, I am using acrylic, which just feels wierd in my hands. And now, having worked on it between class and on breaks and stuff and have been avoiding all other knitted projects. And now, I am so sick of it. But I love my neices and want to make them happy. But I am so not cut out for fiberous monogomy. But I love my neices. But I am board of this project. But I love my neices...Ya, this could go on for a while...

2 Comments:

At 4:18 AM MST, Blogger Teri S. said...

Yes, acrylic does feel weird, doesn't it? Kind of plastic-y and sticky. I made a little baby cardigan and hat out of acrylic once and will never do so again. There are lots of washable cotton/wool blends that are so much nicer to work with. Nonetheless, Bri is going to be so thrilled when she gets her very own shawl! Keep your eye on the prize!

 
At 1:21 AM MST, Blogger Kimberly said...

Glad to know that I am not the only out there who obsesses over their neices and nephews - making them things - my latest was fun fur scarves for my neices that they could use as boas for dress up - they loved them and I even got my 7 year old neice to "help" me with the knitting of her scarf - she was too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home