Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, February 10, 2006

On Your Mark, Get Set...Wait

Agg! I had plans this morning so I wouldn't sit around waiting until I could cast on my socks. But, as thoes plans were with my mother (go to the Gem & MIneral Show, take 2), it's not surprising that they fell through. It's ok though...I have patience stop laughing!! I do!!! I also have other things to knit until 2pm, and Babylon 5, the complete series, so I can wait.

Until then, here is the "get set" portion of my project.








Though, perusing the list of 4000 competitors, my socks seem a little...small. I mean, they are my first pair, and I am excited, but there are people making sweaters and doing complicated stuff...Though I am turning a heel, and that is complicated...

Ah well, anyway...Good Luck to All!

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Just cruising by to check out the competition ;)

I wouldn't attempt my first socks in that time frame, so I think it's one heck of a challenge.

Good Luck!

 
At 9:37 PM MST, Blogger Abigail said...

Remember that everyone had to start at the begining just like you:) That is a great pattern to cut your teeth on. If you need help give me a shout. I've got loads of sock knitting under my blet and am hooked for life! You're next!

 
At 11:12 PM MST, Blogger Cerridwen said...

Ohh, thanks Abigail, I will keep you in mind if I reach a hurdle that just kicks me around.
Hopefully, though, the rest of them will be easy(er) to sail over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home