Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Fun

I am going to start this post off with my favorite Xmas song. It is sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells"

Kill A Tree

Dashing to the mall in a fleet of rented trucks,
a million hairless apes are out to spend some plastic bucks.
It's Christmas time again -- or maybe World War Three --
and to keep their spirits happy now, they've got to kill a tree.

CHORUS
Oh, kill a tree, kill a tree, kill a tree for Christ.
(Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, accept this sacrifice.)
Kill a tree, kill a tree, kill a tree for Christ,
not sure what we're doing, but it seems to work out nice.


We know we each deserve a ton or two of crap,
but to keep the goodies coming now, we've got to spill some sap,
and string electric lights, and raise the ritual star,
and bribe our friends and families to forget what jerks we are.

Chorus

We always kill a tree. That's always been enough
for videos and GI Joes and all that kiddy stuff.
But Mommy wants a Harley, and Daddy wants a boat;
that's prob'ly gonna cost at least a chicken and a goat.

Chorus

Hehe. Great song, huh?

Ok, here is now my favorite serious song:
It's sung to the tune of "Do You Hear What I Hear" which I love in any version. This is my favorite. I have two credits to the writer, Kal Brennan and Eleen Reed (I think that is how you spell their names).

PENTAGRAM

1)
Said the East wind to the Priestess Witch:
Do you hear what I hear? (echo)
Silence rules the still and sleepy night.
Do you hear what I hear? (echo)
The God, the God, cries out with his birth
and showers His light on the Earth,
and showers His light on the Earth.

2)
Said the South fire to the Priestess Witch:
Do you see what I see? (echo)
Darkness blankets over all the Earth.
Do you see what I see? (echo)
The Sun, the Sun, is reborn tonight,
from the Goddess, He's shining so bright,
from the Goddess, He's shining so bright.

3)
Said the West waters to the Priestess Witch:
Do you feel what I feel? (echo)
Hopelessness is heavy in our hearts.
Do you feel what I feel? (echo)
The God, the God, the Mother's newborn child
is the symbol of hope and rebirth,
is the symbol of hope and rebirth.

4)
Said the North land to the Priestess Witch:
Do you know what I know? (echo)
Winter grips the cold and naked land.
Do you know what I know? (echo)
The Sun, the Sun, warms the Earth again
as the Goddess suckles her child,
as the Goddess suckles her child.

5)
Said the Inner Spirit to the Priestess Witch:
Do you understand now? (echo)
Life is like a circle, spinning 'round.
Do you understand now? (echo)
For I, the Goddess, am the endless source
and the web that binds all the Earth,
and the web of the whole universe.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home