Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Time sure flies...

Since I last updated, I have had surgery. It was the most painful experience of my life. Everyone told me "oh, don't worry. I had my gallbladder out and was up and about the next day." LIERS!!! FILTHY LIERS!!! I couldn't move without pain for more than a week. For days I needed help sitting and standing. I couldn't sleep flat. It was hell. My entier gallbladder was calicified. They said "you know how people get gallstones? Well, your gallbladder was one giant gallstone. Thank god we got it out. That could have killed you." Seriously, I should sue that ER doc at Tucson Medical Center that sent me home Christmas Day after doping me up with demoral which I hate. I didn't want it. I don't like pain meds anyway, but demoral makes me throw up and telling me nothing was wrong with me.
But I am better now. No more pain, no more nausia, no more vomiting. Who knew such a small thing could cause so much probloms.

Now, I am trying to find a job. Like everywhere, the job market in Tucson sucks. Very few people are hireing, and those that are, I am competing with people way more qualified than I am. I can't really blame the buisnesses, though I hate it. Would you hire a 26 year old who wants to go back to school? Or a 40 year old man with kids and a morgage? I will quit in a year or two to go to grad school. He will be grateful for the job and stick around as long as he has bills to pay and a family to feed. One of my friends is a manager at a fast food place. She is getting applications from people our parents age who have 20 years running an office and just got laid off. I hate the ecconomy. And this stimulus thing is a joke. Me and Tam were kinda joking about joining Americorps. Only half joking too.

On a happier note, I am knitting this blanket in Wool-Ease Rose Heather kinda a darkish pink. It is fun so far. Except I keep getting these holes in the honey comb part. It's only visable from the back, so no big deal really. Just not sure if that is a thing with this cable pattern or with how I am knitting it.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM MST, Anonymous Arawn Graalrd said...

Oh, I wss just responding to the economic request on Witchvox, and found your link just browsing about. You might just ask her, if my advice could help you as well.

Arawn Graalrd
Dagda - Mother of God

 

Post a Comment

<< Home