Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Support

I just read the post from the 25th on The Yarn Harlot the blog of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee: knitter and humanitarian.

Some woman has been hateful to her. So, I want everyone to go to her blog, and comment. Tell her that American's are not these hateful people. Tell her that this vicious woman does not speak for American's. If you are a fan, tell her that.

Now, I think I am going to go to the book store and buy a new copy of her books.

This is my comment:

There are so many people in this world who you have helped and who love you. I know it hurts when someone is hateful and cruel. But just keep thinking of everyone who you meen something to. For me, you were teh first "knitting" think I found. And because of that, I joind my local Stitch 'n Bitch. This group of women have been good friends for years. I took your books with me to Africa and would read them when I had a bad day, and the dy seemed a little less bad. My dad would print up your blog entries and mail them to me. It was a 2 day trip to electricity and internet, but I would look forward to it and the first thing I would do after email was opening your blog. I got a copy of "Yarn Harlot" right before my nephews funeral (my sister was 8 months pregnant when she lost him). I read the essay about you finshing a sock for that baby, and cried and cried. ANd then felt a little better because we weren't the only family who went through that. I could go on and on about all the little things that made a big difference in my life. Hundreds of people can do that same.
We can list all the charities you've helped. All the money you've raised. All the friendships you've created. You've brought so much joy into this world. And you will be remembered for that. What will this woman be remembered for? Nothing. In a week, noone will remember she ever existed.

And remember this: obviously this person knows nothing about being American. We stand up. We support our friends. And we don't like people who matter to us to be attacked. American's have your back. Noone's got hers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home