Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Monday, July 25, 2005

12 Step Program

OK, so someone commented yesterday about "do I need a 12 step program". And I decided, yes, we all need one. Yarn addiction is a serious thing, and we all need the support of others out there. But, it seems that noone has developed a 12 step for us. There's one for everything else. Heck, I'm sure there is a 12 step for Beeny Babbies *shudder*, so why not us? Well, I guess I will have to develope one..
Step 1: Buy more yarn
Step 2: Find unique places to keep yarn
Step 3: Buy even more yarn
Step 4: hang out with people who also have this addiction (after all, if they buy more than you, then obviously you aren't the one with the problom :) Ohh, or if they have so much, they won't n otice when random skeins go missing. "Have you seen my my wool/mohair blend lately? I seem to have misplaced it." "What? No, no I haven't. Why would you think I have seen it? I have to go...")
Step 5: Buy Yarn (are you seeing a pattern here yet?)
Step 6: When you buy yarn, go with a friend. They can help carry your yarn.
Step 7: Repeat steps 1, 3, and 5
Step 8: Get a bigger house to keep your yarn
Step 9: Look into working at home, or some other job where you can knit, thus using your yarn and freeing up space to buy more
Step 10: Learn to spin your own yarn.
Step 11: Move out to the country and be "that crazy lady with wierd animals" ie-sheep, alpalcas, rabbits, etc.
Step 12: Buy Yarn. Heck, buy a yarn store!

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM MST, Blogger Pyo said...

hilarious but so true :op

 
At 6:59 AM MST, Blogger Kayt said...

Thanks for supply a giggle for me first thing in the morning :)

 
At 8:12 AM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much.
Yarn Shop
Örgü

 
At 7:14 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! THANKS FOR THE 12 STEP PROGRAM. IT'S SOO TRUE and SOO HILARIOUS!!! I READ IT TO MY HUSBAND AND HE COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING. HE HAS TRIED TO HELP ME WIHT MY ADDICTION, BUT HAS BEEN VERY UNSUCCESSFUL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home