Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the idiocracy of cyberspace

I hate stupid people. Especially people who can't take a tongue-in-cheek post. See, my spelling has even deteriorated in my head hurtingness of this.

Why? You ask...well, apparently the people in cyberspace, sans those brilliant few who read this blog,why yes, Cerridwen, your ego did start steroids, thank you for noticing, can't take a tongue-in-cheek post without taking it seriously or to far.

Point in fact: on one of the livejournal communities I belong to, and I won't mention names for fear of embarrassing the idiots innocent parties, I posted a stupid little post about the burn test. Basically, the gist of it was, "I love my yarn. It hurts me to burn it. Does anyone else feel such pain? Oh, for the love of yarn! I am anthropomorphizing an inanimate object! Weee!"
The responses have been overwhelmingly, "get a life, burn the yarn, it's just yarn, fire is fun." I mean, really people, I said that my yarn feels pain! Does that not say something?!? But now, I don't want to go back and clue them in. I mean, if 1)my sense of humor is to dry and subtle (is it? I have no idea. I get my jokes) or 2)they are to dense, I really don't want to have to go back, mostly because I am lazy, and partly because it has generated more comments that it warrents.

I am going to read other knitting blogs now. They have a sense of humor. They make me happy. No more talking with stupid lj people. Grr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home