Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Sky is Falling!!

Not really. But The Yarn Harlot mentioned a new blog (or at least new to me), Sandy's Knitting, and I went there. I highly recomend it. Anyway, back to the point... She wants to see pics of the sky, and who am I to stand in her way. This is the sky from some cliff dwellings I went to up near Rosevelt Lake in Arizona. We drove up there to go kayaking, but it was raining, so we decided to go here instead. I fell down the mountain. I do that alot.


Rosevelt Posted by Picasa

I would take a pic of the sky now, but it is boring. Blue, no clouds, and hot. Eh, I'll do it anyway...


sky Posted by Picasa

See what I mean? Boring. Hmm...if I remember, and if the sunset is any good, I'll take one later tonight. Tucson's sunsets are world famous. Last nites was pretty, lots of pink and purple and just a little fusia.

Here is another one. It is from my frount porch, and is a bit more interesting. Houses, buildings, trees, and the mountains in the background are the Catalina's. Mt. Lemmon is up there to. The whole mountain range caught on fire last year. Well, every year, but last years was pretty bad. But it is nice up there. In the foothills is Sabino Canyon, which I love. When I was a kid we would go hiking there all the time, and there is a little stream that has runoff that they damned up...good times.


sky Posted by Picasa

And a couple of clouds. Really, 360 days a year, this is what our sky's look like. It's a rough life, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home