Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Inequities in Knitting...

I love knitting. Really I do. It is my all time favorite past time. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't knit, but I am sure that felonies, plea bargans and federal prisons would figure highly into the equation (though, as my father has pointed out, considering I am planning on entering in the criminal justice field, thoe three things already figure highly into my life, but you know what I mean).

I also love reading knitting blogs. As you can see from my links list, it grows. I check them every day (or when I have a large break between classes, several times a day that won't happen much anymore. I get my diploma in 16 days...eep), and am always wanting new blogs to read. I link a lot from other blogs, I figure that if I like your blog, and you like someone elses blog, that it must be a good blog hint hint...if you have a blog that I don't know about, comment and let me know!

But sometimes, I go to someone's blog, and I read about all the amazing things they are knitting, and I look at pictures of their projects, and I see how absolutly wonderful they are (over at January One she is knitting a lot of socks. Nice socks. Really nice socks. I have yet to get past the first inch of a cuff of socks), and then, though I felt like a terribly accomplished knitter before, I feel wholly inadequate as a knitter, because I will never be as good as most of these knitters.

I go to the SnB twice a week, and see people like Andrea and Kim and Julie before she moved to Oregon, and wow, I am just blown away. How did they get so good? Is is just practice? Or is there a knitting gene that I don't possess?

Ah well, back to reading Goodridge v. Massachusets, the to work on my newest project, my long coat with my birthday yarn! I love this yarn. I love this coat. Doesn't matter if Andrea says that I knit wierd and it looks funny. She's just jelous because I have all of the yarn and she can't get any yes, that's it...jelousy for my yarn possession...

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Keep going with that coat, it'll be worth it eventually, even if you really do knit funny ;)

I feel the same about other people's knitting as you do. I feel really bad about my own when I see the lovely things others are making. I think you get that no matter what standard you are at.

Congratulations on your graduation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home