Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The first hurdle...

Well, I came out of the gate and pushed of well. My stride was good, the crowds were cheering, the adrenaline was pumping (hehe, Rain called me "competition". That's great! You should totaly check out her blog if you haven't. Now that's competition. I love her knitting style. Very fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants) everything was great. Then I tripped on the first hurdle (or I was tripped. Yes, that's it. Very _Cool Runnings_. Remember that scene in teh beggining at the Olympic trials? THat was me tonight!). I had gotten past the rib part of the cuff (even had pics of it), and my aunt came over. Things were well, and we were talking and I was knitting. And I realised that I was knitting the sock inside out. Not sure how that happened, I was knitting in the round. No biggie though. Leonore made several pairs of really awsome socks before she went off to college in PA, and one pair was done inside out (though I wonder how it happened, and how it would have affected turning the heel). Then, all of a sudden, wammo, flat on my face.

But it's ok. I picked myself up, brushed myself off, frogged about an inch and a half, and started again. Yes, I have a couple of scraped knees. Yes, I am a little behind. But I will prevail! I will catch up and finish my socks!! And they will be the best socks in sock history (and that is really saying something, comming from me and my obsession with socks. I love socks. I have lot's of awsome pairs...don't get me started on socks. It's a wonder I haven't knitted any before now. And I am rambling. It's late. Adrenaline. New fibre store tomorrow!)!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Mwahahaha!

I'm still keeping my eye on you. Can't wait to see your progress. Sock knitting mystifies me.

Just a thought on knitting 'inside out' on dpns, I think if that happens you can just pull it through the centre of the needles so it's then going the right way. Don't hold me to that it was just the thought of a rambling mind.

 
At 3:05 PM MST, Anonymous Fort Wayne Window Tinting said...

Grateful for sharring this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home