Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Howard's Handwerk Haus

OMG OMG OMG OMG!! Can you tell I am excited? I just came home from Howard's Handwek Haus, and small fibre store. I can't believe I didn't know this place existed. Especially since it is less than a half mile from my house and I drive by it all the time. It is a little collection of adobe buildings around a courtyard. In the back there is a little room, with Rumplestilskin's grandmother. She has a lot of nice yarns, for knitting and weaving and whatever else you might want to do with it. And she has a lot of roving! And spinning classes ($18/hr, wow!!), and she spins, and it is just a great little place, and the people are so friendly!

I got some stuff for Shea's birthday, and it will go in the mail Monday. Shea doesn't really read this, but on the off chance that today she has decided to peruse my blog, Shea, don't continue to read. The rest of the blog entry is off limits to you. If you aren't Shea, and promise not to tell her what is in the mail, then you can continue to read...





Nannette and I got this merino wool spun with gold thread(100yrds). The merino is kind of looped. It is really nice. And we also got 100% wool. It is undyed, and a really nice gray. 200yds. And Esther, the woman who spun it, has more of the roving, and if Shea want's more, she will spin it for us. And guess what we paid? Guess...you will never guess. 300 yds of handspun...really nice stuff....guess...
Give up? I know you would...we paid $15!!!! And that is including tax!!! I love that little store!! I am totaly going back!!!!

FOr thoes of you in Tucson, 3054 N. 1st Ave #10. Hours kind of suck, but they are worth the wait: Tues, Thurs, Sat 10am-6pm

2 Comments:

At 8:14 AM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as an FYI--You need to tell this post where to stop underlining--it's now underlining everything, including previous posts!

 
At 4:55 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

It sounds fantastic, what a find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home