Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fibre Avalibility

I am trying to compile a list of fibres avaliable, both in roving and yarn. So far I have:
WOOL there are hundereds of types of sheep/wool, so each and every one is not that important. If you have comments on any specific one, or a favorite that I don't have, post it in the comments
-Peruvian Highland
-Merino
-Shetland
-Leicester
-Corriedale
-Romney
-Lincoln
-Coopworth
-Finn
-Blackwelsh

GOAT
-Mohair
-Cashmere
-Angora

ALPACA

VECUNA

LLAMA

CAMEL

YAK

QUIVUT

BUFFOLO

SILK


COTTON
-merchanised
-organic

LINEN/FLAX

BAMBOO

HEMP

SOY

SEAWEEK


So far, that is what I have. Can you add to this list? Post in the comments. Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM MST, Anonymous pregnancy week by week said...

Looks like a pretty good list to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home