Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Knitting Scouts

I was perusing glittyknittykitty and saw this post, which ended up sending me here to the Cast On Podcast site. Anyway, long story short, they have all these cool badges is it wrong I want to collect all of them?

So, I have now added which ones I think I have earned to my side bar, as well as a link to the site so you can get your own! scroll down to the links, click on the badge, collect and share

My badges:
The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge

*I am in eqitorial Africa, and I still push knitting on other people! ANd knitted goods. Not just stuff like rugs, but children in my compound have hats and socks!

The “MacGyver” Badge (Level One)

*Like everyone, I have used saftey pins, paper clips, etc. for stitch markers. I also made a set of them out of the "rope tree". A tree here that you peel the bark off and use it for twine or rope, very strong. Then the goat ate them when I left them lying on the bantaba.

The “Knitting Whilst Under the Influence” Badge

*I don't knit while drinking, but I am on Larium. Made the mistake of knitting after taking it, and the next morning...well, it's a good thing I don't really hallucinate on the drug. Then again, it might have been a good excuse for what happened...

The “Knitting Has Forced Me to Seek Medical Attention” Badge (Level One)

*I routineley knit holes in my finger, repeditive motion injuries, and one instance when the onkey stole my knitting bag. Still a little to painful to relate.

The “I’ve Knit Items With No Conceivable Practical Application” Badge

*Do we remember the Crack Baby Socks? Luckily, I have improved tremendiously on socks since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home