Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, January 13, 2006

A job two sticks could do...

I just started my third skein of the shawl. It needed to be balled, so I had my dad hold it for me, and he sucks. A job that could be done successfully by 2 sticks, he failed at. It's kinda sad. But I balled it, joined the yarn (using the Russian join yay, Rain, my hero!!) and am continuing on happily. Nearly done with "lace pattern 1", then there is "Eyelet 1", "Lace pattern 2" and "Eyelet 2". I am happy about this, since I am getting board with this lace pattern. 112 rows of an 8 row pattern. Anything you have to do for 112 rows gets a little old after the first 70 rows...

2 Comments:

At 2:40 AM MST, Blogger Rain said...

I hate things that feel like you're knitting the same thing forever, but im sure it will look good when it's done.

I'm a recent convert to the Russian join, previous to that I used to use sailing knots. Never get a watersports instructor to do the job of a knitter - and never get a man to do something an inanimate object could do better ;)

 
At 5:35 PM MST, Blogger Teri S. said...

Ah, Cerridwen, in additional to a ball winder, you need a swift! There are several kinds. I've used two, a flat kind with 4 arms and movable pegs, and the umbrella swift. I prefer the umbrella swift. The flat kind is on ball bearings and gets going really fast, which can result in some major tangles if you aren't paying attention to how fast you are going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home