Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, July 29, 2005

What a Day

Ugg. What a day. I was trying to make some booties for Idiot Boy's son who is due any day now. I think today there were going to the hospital to see if they were going to induce (Idiot Boy being Matthew, my older brother. Dumbass is Jon, my oldest brother. Just incase anyone was confused). And you know what? I couldn't figure out how to do the increase I needed!!! WTF!!! Then I realised what it was. Latin. It is rotting my brain. Stupid summer class. As if that wasn't bad enough, I went in to take my test, and my favorite pen wasn't in my bag!!! It must have fallen out last nite in my room. I hope so. I really like that pen. OK, granted it cost me something like $2, but they don't carry them anymore anywhere. So I sit down for the test, and I totaly space the first 7 lines of the Aeneid. WTF!! I know this!!!
Arma virumque cano, Trojae qui primus ab oris
Italiam fato profugus Lavinaque venit
litora - multum ille et terris jactatus et alto
vi superum, saevae memorem Junonis ob iram
multa quoque et bello passus, dum conderet urbem
inferretque deos Latio - genus unde Latinum
Albanique patres atque monia Romae

See!! Latin sucks. If I failed that test, which I probobly did, then I most likely won't pass the class. If I do that, then I have to take 202, which isn't offered until Spring, which means I don't graduate until May, which means even less time to knit!!! Uggg..

So I totaly gave up on the booties. The poor kid is being born in Tucson in July. He doesn't need socks or anything like that. I am now making a hat out of the left over yarn from his blanket. A simple hat knitted in the round. All I have to do is knit. I am sitting here at my coputer, with my cat in my lap (though that could be because of teh storm rolling in and not any attempt to make me feel better about STUPID LATIN ROTTING MY BRAIN AND MAKING ME FORGET HOW TO DO A SIMPLE INCREASE), and knitting in my hand. Simple knitting. Well, in about 4 inches I will have to start doing decreases, but that isn't for 4 inches.

I really hope these kids understand how much effort I put into stuff for them. I mean, when they grow up, they should return the favor. I show my love in wool, they should do the same, though when they return the favor, I think unknitted wool would be best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home