Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

8 Days and Counting...

OK, I have 8 days left. I have to finish the feet and toes of my socks. I can only knit a row or two at a time...

Thursday I went kayaking at Saquaro Lake (and threw up too! Someone associated with Tucson Pagan Paddlers has thrown up in 4 lakes in AZ!! I don't know why, but for some reason we think this is something cool to note) and my wrist had already been feeling a bit sore. But the kayaking kinda pushed it. So Thursday I didn't knit at all. And Friday I only knit a couple of rows in the evening. Today, I tried to knit, and my wrist hurts to much. So I think if I knit a row or two, then rest for a few hours, then knit another row or two... THe problom with this plan is I am going to Canyon Lake (Dawn threw up in this one. It was funny.) with my dad and Sarah, so I won't be knitting at all Sunday probobly. And depending on how my wrist feels, I might not knit much Monday either. Tuesday our SnB moves to a new location, so I have to knit...
I will prevail!! I could always call up my mother for some oxycodon(is that how you spell it?). It's a very powerful pain killer and will deal with the wrist, but I don't know the wisdom of knitting on my crack babbies under the influence of narcotics...
I will make another cup of tea (mmmm....tea...), try and hunt down some Ibeprophin(I have a giant bottle on my microwave at home. Unfortunetly, I'm not at home), and rest for the day. I will pet the cats, who I have named "Minnie Me" and "SC" (short for Scaredy Cat), but their people have named "Divit" and "Birdey". I don't know who is who with thoes names, hence my own. And teh petting will strengthen my wrists. I like to think that there is the possibility of strengthening my wrists. I know that this is a fantasy and that any use of said joints actualy degreades them more, but reality sucks, which is why I don't live there.

8 more days people!! Get cracking!!

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Hope your wrists are better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home