Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

KNITTING!!!RAIN!!!!

OK, I was totaly going to post about knitting, but then I looked outside, and it is RAINING!!!! It rained yesterday to. Almost HALF AN INCH!!! How totaly awsome is that?!? Tuesday there was a little rain, but it was mostly wind, and missed central Tucson, bypassing us to the west and going north to slam Phoenix with a huge dust storm. But it is raining!!!! The day they announce that water prices will be riased 5% in August, and go up an additional 5% every year until 2011. Sigh...Water is nice. I want to live somewhere where water isn't worth its weight in gold.

Anyway, on to the knitting...
Check out The New York Times Style section and read Grandma's Tea Cozy Goes Downtown. It's a slide show that pops up. Cool, huh?

I am knitting a new pair of socks. I borrowed Andrea's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles book. I have decided to do them one at a time. Mostly because they will be in a larger size, and I want to make sure I have enough yarn. Half way down the cuff of the first sock, I think I have figured out what I did wrong with the last pair. You know when you knit in the round, you have the needles closest to you, and the cable of the needle is farther away from you? Well, when you knit on two circs, you have the needles closest to you, and the needles farther away from you. I am knitting with the needles farther away. I think that makes the cuff be knit inside out. Then, after I pick up after the heel, I try and correct, so half the sock is knit inside out, and half is knit right side out. we will see what happens. Maybe I can correct on the cuff....should be interesting.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today was Knit In Public Day, and although I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to Park Mall (I was at Stefan's swim invitational all day, as a timer), I brought my knitting with me and was definitely in a public place (over 500 swimmers), so that has to count for something. I'll probably see you at the Tuesday stitch n' bitch (where is it?) because Gabby and I will go out for sushi beforehand :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home