Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Socks...

Since noone loves me enough to knit me socks, I have finaly had to attempt it again. we all remember the crack baby goat socks So, I am knitting my socks, and my dad and I were at the park today with some friends, and Lisa from Gypsy Caravan fame had the personal mister. Dad dared her to put the hose up her nose and turn it on. I said if she would, I would knit her some socks (she had been eyeing the ones I am making). So she did!! I think dad took a pic. If so, I will post it later (it was funny!!). She wants some purple verigated socks. So I am looking for some self-striping with mostly shades of purple. So I went to Knit Picks to look at what they have. It will be a little bit until I can get some, since my first student loan payment is due. But I can look and plan...
I found this. Cool, huh? I really like "Forrest" (green being my favorite color), but "Crayons" is nice too. This is nice too. I really like the way the colors blend. "Jig", "Tap" and "Ballet" are my favorites here. I am not sure about this. I think "Carnival" might be nice, but would like to see how the colors knit up. Same here. I like them all, and am kinda thinking of "Rocky Mountain" for Lisa's socks.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM MST, Blogger Rain said...

I'm sure your socks will turn out fine. The yarn you're looking at is gorgeous.

 
At 6:23 PM MST, Blogger Samantha said...

I'm sure you'll do awesome knitting your socks. I have yet to tackle sock knitting. Perhaps I will try it this summer when it's too warm to knit anything bigger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home