Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Knitting: The Thresh-hold Drug

Following on the fiberous addiction thread...must learn to crochet. Yes, it turns out that knitting is the thresh hold drug. Soon, I will be embarking on the dubious world of *gasp* crochet!
Why? You ask. Because my wonderful aunt just sent me 4 books. An afghan book, a knitted/crocheted(is that the right word? Eh, it is now) slipper book (could this be a hint that the family is tierd of everyone getting the same slippers for gifts? No, I didn't think so either), a book of crocheted animal slippers, and a book of crocheted sweaters and other cool stuff. So, I must learn now. I'm not sure if the family will thank her for this or not.
On other news, I took Casper, my oldest nephew, out school shopping yesterday. He just HAD to have a Fantastic Four backpack, and since he is starting 1st grade, we went to several differnet places until we found it. I was knitting the baby hat, and he was so impressed. I really have to get him lessons. Unfortunetly, my plan was to go to Kiwi tomorrow and maybe Pearls and see about lessons for him (I can't teach worth anything), but my car is in the shop. It broke down last nite at 1030 across town. Luckily we were near a Barne's & Noble, and Sarah was with me, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. When I went back today with my dad, we noticed that it was leaking green fluid. I decided that it is either coolent, or my car was taken over by aliens and they got hurt. Gabby will probobly agree with the alien idea. Oh well. Tuesday I will convince someone to teach me to crochet, and it will take my mind off my poor sick Bubby. Hopefully it will be all better by then though.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM MST, Blogger Kimberly said...

Since I am embarking on a voyage thru the dubious world of knitting, crocheting should not be that bad for you! *grins* Careful - it can be addicting!

 
At 2:20 PM MST, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

If you want to check out a site that is very helpful, crochetville is a message board that is very

nice.
Deb
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/index.php?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home