Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

"But you're not important..."

That is what my oldest nephew, Casper, informed me. Well, not exactly in thoes words. But he was so cute, that not only did I not get upset about it, but I have put most projects aside to finish this hat he wants.
You see, Cash starts school on the 15th (yikes!). Not just any school, but the 1st Grade!! I went with him and my mother and step-father to take him school shoping, and while we were out, I had a hat that I was knitting for his new little half-brother. He was enthralled by the hat. Every time I took it out he would watch, ask questions about knitting in general. But he would always start them with "Oh, so you are going to finish it now?" And every time, I would tell him no, but probobly that weekend. Finaly, he asked why it wasn't done, and why he didn't have a hat to. So I told him that I would make him one, but that I couldn't promise when it would be done, before it got cold enough to need one though. I told him about all the other projects I had on the needles for all the kids, and then I mentioned my socks. These are what elicited the above comment. You see, I have these socks. They are nice socks, or at least have the potental to be. I would post a picture of them, but it would make all knitters cry. They are maybe 2 inches in. They have been maybe 2 inches in for the last 3 months. So, I explained about how there are all these different project, so many in fact that I haven't had a chance to work on my socks. To which he said, "But Aunt Cerridwen, knitting stuff for you isn't important. But for us kids it is."
I laughed. He is deffinitly my nephew. So, his "really dark blue" hat is on the needles. I am doing a k2p2 ribbing, will do it enough so he can fold it up on itself, then s-stitch for the rest of the hat. Heck, I might make him 3 or 4 differnt hats. He's such a great kid. Sometimes I worry that he is to mature, being the oldest, but he's a great kid. If he wants a hat, I will make him as many as it takes to get them perfect for this kid. Anything to make him happy. The rest of the kids will have to waite a bit longer for their things.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM MST, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

It is nice to know he appreciates what you make for him. Enjoy that feeling, and get your socks done eventually, knowing you made Casper happy while it was important to him.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home