Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

F.O.!!!

I know what you all are thinking..."Why, Cerridwen. I was perusing your site, and I noticed that your list of WIPs has changed. How did this happen?" And the answer is, I have no clue. Sometimes, when we're not looking, our knitting just grows up so fast, and if you aren't paying attention to it, you miss it. One day, you're casting on, and it will fit in your purse and you can carry it around the Botanical Gardens while you are knitting, and before you know it, it has been cast off and you are blocking it. Tears, they grow up so fast.


Shawl Posted by Picasa

"Um, but Cerridwen, WTF are you blocking it on?" Well ladies and gentlemen (yes, see, I still have illusions that more than 2 people read this, hense the counter I just installed in the toolbar. Though, how many of thoes counts are going to be me doing stuff? I can still live in my fantasy that I am popular) that is my boat trailer. When it is to hot to go to the lake, and gas is $3/gallon, it doesn't see much boats, so I confiscated it for my blocking adventures.


shawl Posted by Picasa

On the back, which was swept good, foam mats from camping were alid down, again cleaned good. I then proceded to soak the shawl, lay it out, and pin the heck out of it. When it dried, the lace pattern came out very nicely, and I was happy.



Shawl Posted by Picasa

This is the Lace Peddler's Shawl from my favorite book, Folk Shawls. If you don't own it, you should. This is also one of my favorite patterns in teh book. It is a very easy pattern to make, you increas with YO's. It goes fast, and looks a lot more complicated than it actualy was.


Shawl Posted by Picasa

I love patterns that make me look more skilled than I really am. Then later I can look at it, or someone else can look at it, and think, "wow, she is a really good knitter!!" And I feel special.

This was knit using Smart by Sanden (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, since I don't have the ball band in frount of me) in Dark Olive. I got what I thought was enough (ie-bought their entier stock) at Back Door Beads from teh sale room, the color was picked out by Shea, who will soon be the new owner of this shawl, as well as teh pattern. Then I knit. I would have had this done months ago, but I ran out of yarn near the end. I ended up having to go to a shop in Canada and having it shiped. It seems that Dark Olive isn't realy a popular color. Tears. Because it looks very nice.

Everyone who has seen the shawl has liked it. Though none were knitters. Tuesdeay is SnB, so we will see how other knitters like it. Then Shea comes week after next, and we will see how she likes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home