Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Jacket help...

You know when you do something really great, and you get all confident? That was me after The Irish Diamond Shawl. Now, I am working on my jacket, and am having issues with the armhole shaping.


Row 1: K12, turn leaving rem sts on holder.

Row 2: P1, p2tog, p to end.

Row 3: K to last 3 sts, SKPO, k1.

Repeat last 2 rows once more.

Row 6: Purl.


I get that part...it's this next that is throwing me for a loop. Am I supposed to do this on the stitches from above? Or on all?


Continue, Dec 1 st on seam edge on fol 6 th row once, then fol 10th row once, then fol 8 th row 0[0, 2] times, and fol 6th row 4[4, 2] times.
Continue straight for 14 rows.
BO all sts.


And here...what do they mean reverse shaping? And what is with the K until 12 stitches reamin? Does that mean I do the same as above on the last 12 stitches? And what do I do with the remining stitches in the middle?


Rejoin yarn and K until 12 sts remain on right needle.
Reverse shaping for other side.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Row 6 and then the continue bit are all on the same 12 sts.

Put the sts in the middle back on a holder or leave then on the needle, but just don't do anything with them.

Reverse shaping just means that you need to work the shaping so opposite happens, eg Row2: p to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1
Row 3: K1, SKPO, k to end

However, you may wish to neaten up the decreases by doing the opposite so they slant the other way, eg rather than SKPO, k2tog. SSP rather than p2tog. See knittinghelp.com on the decreases page to see matching sets that slant the right way.

Hope that helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home