Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

SFSE-The Saga Continues

Well, they get back to you fast with the threats. I just got an e-mail from liz@sewfastseweasy.com
saying basicaly "if you use our services, we will leave you alone". Please. I do not respond well to threats, and even less well to ultimatums. Ask my parents, they still sport the scars from trying that path.
To that I replied that no, actualy we had not violated any trademark, and we will not be using their services. I further mentioned that they had alienated all the knitters in AZ, and most of the rest of the US, and would never be getting any of our buisness.

Then they said..."If you had a trademark, you would do the same." <<<---exact quote. Um,Liz...since this has obviously slipped your mind, and your company seems to be a few fries short of a happy meal, let me make this plain...no, no I wouldn't. I would not use bully tactics, threats and lawyers to intimidate people. I would not alienate knitters all over the world. I would not try and shut down popular books and websites. I would jump on the Stitch 'N Bitch bandwagon. I would link to all these sites. I would not try and trademark a phrase that is common domain. Can you trademark "Quilting bee"? Can you trademark "bake sale"? No. And you cannot trademark "Stitch 'N Bitch", no matter how hard you try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home