Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yarn Fairy

I went over to Ingrid's house tonight. She had a Star Trek marathon. It was a lot of fun. What made it even better is Ingrid played Yarn Fairy. She works at Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind, and they have a slothing bank. It was the last day of school, and she took some of the girls down to the clothing bank, and one of the women who work there handed her a bag, said "here Ingrid, you knit". Someone donated a bag full of yarn. Ingrid called me and said it was mostly wool, and she had gone through and picked out what she wanted, so I could have the rest. I figured that it would be ok stuff. But guess what it was? Hand Painted Yarn. As in the stuff everyone is raving about, but is so out of my price rangeI love how on the website, the stuff is a third of what it is in the store...not just one or two hanks...SIX!! Did you hear me? SIX




Handspun Kettle Dyed Pure Wool : HH10 Cosecha
(As Chris said, it looks like fall. Holloween)

The website says that this is 135 yards/100 grams









Handpainted kettle Dyed 100% pure wool : HN01 Fiesta (it looks like a fiesta. The name says it all)
The website says that Fiesta is 260 yards/100 grams. Though, it also says the HNB code is 120 yards/100 grams. That is for a bulky, which this deffinitly is no. So we will go with the 260 measurement





The rest of these, the website doesn't have. I will take pics of them as soon as I get around to it.
Handpainted Sock Pure Wool : Winter (it is purple and blue and green) no code, but as sock yarn, I will assume enough for at least one sock. Anyone get sock yarn from them before? I can't find it on their site

Handpainted Kettle Dyed 100% wool: PA24 Arcoiris Fuerte (yellows, blues, pinks, reds...very nice) I can't find a PA code. I will assume that this is 100 grams though. It seems the same weight as the HH yarns, so it is probobly the same yardage, like the NB and HN codes

Handspun Handpainted pure wool : HH03 Cardenal (light pink to burgandy) since this has the same HH code on it as Cosecha, I am assuming it is 135 yards/100 grams

Handpainted novelty Yarn : Fresas NB03 (reds, and crinkly) the NB code is what the Fiesta is under. So I will assume that this is 260 yards/100 grams, as are the rest of the NB codes

I have no idea what to do with it all. I am thinking socks with the sock yarn (inventive, I know). I like the fiesta, and would like to turn them into socks as well, but I am not sure how that will work. I think I might try felting some of it, but not sure what. Since I only have one hank of each, I am not really sure what I can do with it. And since I am not sure about yardage (anyone have any experience with handpaintedyarn?), I can't really be sure.
Any ideas would be helpful, and greatly appreciated.
Now, off to bed!! It's late, and way past my bedtime. Look what 6 hanks of 100% wool do to me!

3 Comments:

At 11:17 AM MST, Blogger Ingrid said...

:)

 
At 11:34 AM MST, Blogger Ingrid said...

Oh, I started a knitting blog here on Blogger! It'll just be for my knitting projects/questions/queries. Yay!

I'm at chagringrid.blogspot.com

 
At 2:51 AM MST, Blogger Rain said...

It's gorgeous. How kind of Ingrid to let you have the rest.

The bag look fab. Lol, all of my knit bags have a knot in the strap..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home