Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm sorry, the yarn you own doesn't exist...

BDB on Speedway closed down. Now, the only one left is on Ina. I am not impressed with that location. Really not impressed. Like, I will not be patronizing them anymore. Would you like to know why? Of course you would.

Intro: BDB on Speedway was having a store closeing sale. Gabby and I went on the last day. SHe bought some stuff, but they didn't have enough, so we went to the Ina location to get more. The people were a bit rude, but whatever. Maybe they were having a bad day. I got 2 hanks of Manos in black to finish my bag, since they didn't have any other color that would go with the strap.

8 days latter: I have run out of black. I am about ready to start the flap, then will be done. I go back to BDB to get more black...

Me: Excuse me, do you know if you have any more Manos in black? I can't seem to find it.
Clerk: Manos doesn't come in black.
Me: Yes it does. I bought some last week and just ran out.
Clerk: No, Manos doesn't come in black. Are you sure it was black?
Me: Yes. I forgot to bring the color tag, but it was black. I found it right here, but there doesn't seem to be anymore. Do you know if you have any more in the back?
Clerk: Hey [Clerk 2], do we have any Manos in black?
Clerk 2: Manos doesn't make black.
Clerk: This lady says she has some
Clerk 2: Are you sure it is black? You sure it isn't [points to a brown. Obviously a brown. Noone would mistake that for black]
Me: Yes, I am sure. It was black
Clerk 2: well, we don't carry it
Me: I bought 2 hanks last week. There was one left stuck in here, I am just wondering if you have that somewhere
Clerk 2: It wouldn't have been there. See how it is color coded? If they did make black, it would be over here
Me: Well, I don't know your organization technique, but I found it down here somewhere, bought 2 hanks, there was one left that I didn't think I would need but should have bought, last week.
Clerk 2: Well, we don't have it now.
Me: Do you know if you will be getting more?
Clerk: Let me take your name and info, and when we order more we will call you. No idea when that would be.

So I went to Purl's to see Sharron, and we talked. She hates that place, not just because it is competition, but because the people are idiots about yarn. And I have to agree. Sigh. She says she can order me some, but no idea when it will come in. So we talked some more, and I think I am going to finish the flap in a lime green wool that I got for pockets for the bag. Double sigh.

On other note: I have been working on the shawl a lot lately. I am halfway through the first lace pattern. It is makeing good progress one I got it going.

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM MST, Blogger Teri S. said...

Don't you hate it when that happens? I have some navy Manos that looks sort of black, but put it next to black and it's definitely navy. Lime green and black would look nice. It's sort of Spring-ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home