Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Opps....

Ever have a bad idea, and you know it is a bad idea, but that doesn't change the fact that you did it anyway? THat was me last week. I finished all the parts of the bag, except the pockets (thoes I will add later, until I get board with them). SO I put the bag together, I made the closures. I am happy. I am going though cloth scraps we have to see if we have any peices big enough to make a liner for it. Then I realise...the strap is to short. What to do? I get this brilliant idea...I will cut the strap alond a row where I messed up on it (the strap is seed stitch. THis row, I messed up and it is ribbed), pick up stitches, and knit more on it until it is long enough. Ya. I can see you cringing. Really, I knew this was a stupid idea. Didn't stop me. So I cut. I pulled out the cut yarn, a frigged back a couple rows so I had some wool to work with, I piked up the stitches. I am ready to knit. On that side. Now I have the other end...the stitches are wierd, and wont frogg, won't pick up correctly...it is just bad. I put them on a holder as best I can. ANd will continue on this plan. Not exactly sure what I will do when the strap is long enough...how to join it together without it looking all strange...though I suppose I could hide that with a pocket...Ya, genious, I know.

And since apparently, this is my 100th post, a confession to make is special...I cast on a new project last nite...well, actualy it was Friday nite, but I frogged it and started over again last nite...I know, I am weak. So, whoever had 20-some days...you win the pool.

Meme instructions: Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones you've never even heard of.

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger got detention in HS for reading this. "innapropriate material"
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald not that I have anything against it, just not something I am interested in
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
(The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger)
(His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
(Life of Pi - Yann Martel)
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell another detention in HS book
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller detention in HS..totaly not worth it
The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
(The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon)
Lord of the Flies - William Goldingdetention in HS. ACtualy, I was suspended, but that got changed to detention when my dad threatened to send the media down to the school with his laywer
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen not a big Jane Austen fan.
1984 - George Orwell suspension turned to detention. My favorite book of all time.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
(The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold)
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut detention in HS...do you see a pattern here?
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Atonement - Ian McEwan
The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath my favorite poet as well
Dune - Frank Herbert huge Dune fan..

2 Comments:

At 1:30 AM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Hope your bag works out ok. You should be able to graft the two lots of stitches together once the strap is long enough.

I knew you wouldn't last with the casting on thing ;) Still, it's no bad thing.

Just be taking a peek over your book list. We seem to have read a lot of the same books. I loved Catch-22, it's my favourite book and have just re-read it for the umpteenth time. I suppose with being in the Air Force I 'got it' from a different perspective. I never got detention, I'm such a goodie two-shoes (or too smart to get caught) - you decide!

 
At 3:44 AM MST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

atonement.. brilliant book :)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home