Because I'm cool like that...

The adventures of a knitter in Tucson, AZ.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lake Havasu

Lake Havasu was hot. Like, 120 F. Sweat just pouring off me. It was kinda gross. Also, we kayak, and Havasu isn't really a lake for kayaks. There were a lot of motor boats and jet skis (I've never actualy been on a boat with a motor, unless you count ferries. One going down the Rhein and one crossing from Ireland to Wales).

At Lake Havasu is the London Bridge. It was moved there in 1974 I think.

It was too hot. We got to our campsite, in a state park there, and set up. THen we put on our vests and floated in teh waves near the shore. That was nice. Even though the water was warm.

It was to hot to sleep in the tents, so I pulled my pad and slept on the picknic table for a bit. Then was ficiously attacked by a bug or something (my dad thinks it was a kissing bug), so moved into the car. Whatever bit me, when I got home and took a hot shower, the skin sluffed off my bottom lip. It was gross.

The next morning, we got up at dawn and went to a wild life refuge and kayaked that. Really the only place we could paddle.

Do you know what this is?




There was a sandbar that we got out and fooled around on. THere were these huge masses of giant fish. As big as your arm. We weren't sure if they were mating or sturing up the bottom looking for food. Then I got out of my boat and was walking aorund in the water, about up to my knees, and I was swarmed!!! I think they were stirring up the bottom, and when I was walking around, they were trying to see if I was edible. That is a bunch of the fish, thrashing about and trying to flip my boat.

Well, that was the end of my vacation. Tomorrow, we will return you to your regularly scheduled knitting content.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM MST, Blogger Rain said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation pics. It looks and sounds like you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home